Click on the links below to get answers to our most frequently asked questions about the evo Conference.
Think of the coolest people you know. Now think of them all in one room. Yep, it will be like that. Specifically, the guest list includes bloggers, businesses, and social media junkies ready to take their blogs, brands, or businesses to the next level.
A full-access conference pass includes the following meals:
• Thursday, July 12: Dinner
• Friday, July 13: Breakfast, Snack Break, Lunch, Snack Break, Dinner
• Saturday, July 14: Breakfast, Snack Break, Lunch, Snack Break, (Dinner options TBA)
Check out our evo’12 agenda for more schedule details.
Don’t worry, we remembered you. The evo conference menu is created with dietary restrictions in mind. At evo’10 and evo’11, we were able to accommodate requests for kosher, vegetarian, and gluten free meals. Just remember to indicate any dietary restrictions in the space provided on the registration form.
Babes in arms are more than welcome in any of the sessions and hands-on workshops. Here are some tips to make sure you can fully participate in the conference with your baby:
• Pack the right gear – wrap, sling, stroller, car seat, bouncy seat, pack and play, and anything easy to travel with that will help your baby feel at home and comfortable in new surroundings.
• Bring comfort products – a pacifier, blanket, favorite toys, or anything that will help occupy and keep your baby happy.
• Bring the essentials – diapers, changing mat, personal care products, food, etc.
• Have a plan – get to the sessions early to get the best seat, have an escape plan in case your baby starts crying or is disruptive during the session.
• Take care of yourself – plan time for naps, bring a friend/family member/nanny if you plan to attend late-night parties, nurse in a suite with other new mothers, ask for help if you need it, take advantage of the Canyons on-site day care or day camp options. Click here for more information.
All sessions and workshops are open to pass holders and your babes in arms.
Families are welcome to attend our Friday and Saturday night events. Check back shortly for more information, including how to RSVP.
Evo’12 is a professional social media conference where you can connect with bloggers, businesswomen and brands. But it also takes place in the beautiful mountains and involves a lot of walking and other activities. So this is what we recommend to evo’12 attendees:
• Opening Party, Thursday July12: Nice dress
• Fridays Sessions/Workshops: Casual, Business Casual
• Friday Night Party: Casual, Comfortable
• Saturday Sessions/Workshops: Casual, Business Casual
• Saturday Closing Party: Casual, Comfortable, Close-Toed Shoes
Utah Tip: Nights can get chilly and the air conditioning will be flowing during the day sessions, so you may want to bring a sweater or light jacket.
You can also check out local gyms within driving distance.
Canyons’ base elevation is 6,900 ft, so you’ll want to follow these tips to prevent Altitude Sickness:
• Take it easy; don’t over-exert yourself when you first get up to altitude. Limit your physical activity during the first few days.
• Stay properly hydrated. Drink plenty of fluid (at least 3-4 quarts per day) as acclimatization is often accompanied by fluid loss.
• Avoid tobacco, alcohol and depressant drugs, including barbiturates, tranquilizers, and sleeping pills. These depressants further decrease the respiratory drive during sleep resulting in worsened symptoms.
• If symptoms increase, go down!
The evo’12 team appreciates all sponsors who make this event possible. Our goal is to respect both individual sponsors and official conference sponsors. So we’ve created some simple guidelines to help you as you approach brands about individual sponsorship options.
We allow you to:
• Email us to tell us about your sponsorship options: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to brainstorm options with you to help maximize your sponsor’s investment.
• Sign up for a table at our Saturday breakfast Meet-and-Greet event. You will have half a round table to display sponsor products, hand out swag (including brochures and pamphlets), and engage directly with conference attendees to represent your sponsor. Note: There is a limited number of tables for individual sponsors and they are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
• Hand out business cards to conference attendees. Your cards may include sponsor information.
• Wear t-shirts or other branded paraphernalia.
• Write about your sponsor on your blog, including a reference to the evo Conference.
• Hand out swag bags from your suite. Note: Sponsors and product must be approved by the evo’12 team ahead of time.
We don’t allow you to:
• Pass out brochures, pamphlets, swag, lanyards, buttons, or other brand collateral or products in the main conference areas or at official conference activities and events, including sponsored suites.
• Place display advertising/signage of any kind in the main conference areas or at official conference activities and events, including sponsored suites.
• Organize or hold informal events any time from Thursday, July 12 to Saturday, July 14 during regular conference hours (7a.m. to 11 p.m.).
If you have any questions or want to brainstorm, email us at: email@example.com.
We recommend you stay on property at The Grand Summit Resort Hotel, where most of evo’12 is going down. Go here for more lodging information.
There are special rates for evo’12 attendees! Room rates range from $139 to $579. Call (866) 604-4171 to book your room and remember to say you’re attending evo’12.
Yes! Sharing your hotel room is the most affordable and fun way to attend evo’12. Here is Grand Summit room information:
• 1-bedroom suite – one king-sized bed, one pull-out sleeper/sofa, two small day beds (fit children only). Three adults can sleep comfortably in this room if two share the king bed and one sleeps on the sleeper/sofa.
• 2-bedroom suite – one king-size bed, two queen beds, one pull-out sleeper/sofa, two small day beds (fit children only). Seven adults can sleep comfortably in this room if two share the king bed and two share each queen bed and one sleeps on the sleeper/sofa.
If you’re looking for roommates, jump on our private Facebook page and start chatting with other evo’12 attendees.
When making room reservations, remember to mention the evo conference to get the group rate.
Many of the suites in the Grand Summit hotel have full kitchens, including refrigerators, microwaves, dishwashers, and plates/utensils.
Yes! Our agenda is the best place to go for the party schedule. Please stay tuned as we announce all our fun activities and events.
The most cost-effective way to get to Canyons from the airport is via shuttle. To arrange transportation and get the evo Conference group rate, call (800) 457-9457, dial extension 1, and tell the reservation agent that you are an evo attendee.
If you rent a car, here are the directions:
• From the airport, take I-80 East through Salt Lake City. (I-80 merges with I-15.)
• Take Exit 145 Kimball Junction/Park City.
• Turn right onto UT-224.
• Make sharp right onto Canyons Resort Drive.
• Follow Canyons Resort Drive. (Self parking and valet parking available.)
Here are some pros and cons to renting a car for evo’12:
• You have the freedom to leave the resort and go to the grocery store, nearby outlets, or other off-site activities.
• If you are bringing the whole fam, it may cost less to rent a car than pay the shuttle fees.
• Underground parking at Canyons is $12/day. However, there are free lots within walking distance of the resort.
• Renting a car may be more expensive than the shuttle fees.
Evo Conference offers alcoholic beverages during dinners and parties. Canyons also serves alcoholic beverages in its bars and restaurants and through room service. Click here for more information.
If you are booking travel and want to take advantage of all the planned activities, we recommend you arrive Wednesday and leave Sunday so you can be there for all the instruction, networking, and partying Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, July 12-14.
If you want to come earlier or stay longer, you can take advantage of Canyons’ amenities and activities. Call (435) 615-8086 for Family-friendly pre-conference adventure packages, like hot air balloon rides, fly-fishing, horseback riding, and more.
Call (866) 604-4171 for information on group rates for extended stays. When making reservations, remember to mention evo’12 to get the group rate.
Check out these fun activities at the Canyons and All Season Adventures: